Thursday, March 29, 2007

Welcome to Oregon Roadside

Since starting Stumptown Confidential in 2004, I’ve come across more and more postcards from across the state that just don’t quite fit in with its format.

Stumptown was born so I could learn and highlight the overlooked Mid-Century architecture of my adopted hometown of Portland, Ore.

Oregon Roadside lets me broaden my obsession with all things Oregon by enabling me to post some of the cool stuff I’ve scrounged up the past couple of years. You know, like this image of a restaurant in Salem:



I also hope that folks in our state will comment on the postings and let readers know if a building still stands, was torn down, or was preserved. I’ll do my best to offer any sort of history/background on featured buildings but would love the added commentary.

3 comments:

Alice said...

I love the new blog. And the old blog.

Anonymous said...

Great idea for the new blog - loved the old one too. Very interesting post card of Nopps in Salem. I wonder if this is the same building and namesake as the pawnshop and jewelry store now named Nopps in downtown. Looks like a very similar building, but I haven't been there in over a year.

Anonymous said...

Love the old sign! And both blogs too. Your comments always have me cracking up! Love the sarcasm!